Wednesday, August 14, 2013

TTM: Jessica Long

Jessica Long -65


On Monday we received two more TTM Successes. The first being Jessica Long. Ms. Long is highly decorated. She has competed in the Paralympic games in Athens, Beijing, and London, winning 12 Gold, 3 Silver, and 2 Bronze medals. This is all by the age of 21. Not to mention the fact that she has to overcome obstacles that make it hard for me to even imagine how she does it. At 18 months she had her lower legs amputated due to being born with out ankles, heels and calf bones. I feel guilty even mentioning her disability, because I don't want to make it sound like it discounts her achievements. It is an enhancement on her achievement. I enriches the achievement.

This is one of the reasons why I love the Olympics. The athletes more often than not are what we expect in our athletes. Inspirations, rolemodels, and examples of over coming odds. Looking at Jessica Long, I have to ask myself...

"What's your excuse?"

Thanks Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment